It's time to turn that camera around to point in the other direction. But this ain't your favorite millennial's "selfie," no, this is art! For our next member sharing event on November 2nd, 2020, CCCW would like to invite you to the Self-Portrait Challenge!
Will you create a beautiful traditional image that captures the essence of your soul? Will you create a new dimensions masterpiece that highlights your quirky and avant-garde side? Will you produce a brilliant piece of wry, self-deprecating humor? Or will you create an abstract hint at the enigma that is you? The only limits are your creativity, the November 1st deadline, and the theme of "self-portrait." All members are invited to submit a single image that addresses this challenge. How your image addresses the challenge is only limited by your creativity. We would REALLY prefer you create a new piece of work to specifically address this challenge, but if you absolutely must use an image you created previously, let's say the usual digital competition rule of within the last 5 years applies.
Here are the details:
1. Prepare your image for upload like you normally would for a club competition.
2. Go to Photo Contest Pro (like a normal competition) and upload your ONE image to the competition labeled "Self-portrait Challenge" [NOTE: The images will not be scored]
3. Make sure to give your piece a creative title.
4. Make sure you uploaded your image to "Self-Portrait Challenge" and not one of the regular competitions. Images should be uploaded to Photo Contest Pro by midnight on November 1st.
5. On November 2nd, we will show your image through screen share on Zoom and give you a few minutes to talk about it. Highlight why you created what you created. What feeling, emotion, or message were you trying to capture? How did you create the image; did you use any special techniques?
6. Then we will open the floor briefly for questions or comments from other members. [AGAIN NOTE: This will not be a competition or a critique session, the primary purpose this time is friendly sharing]
We can't wait to see all the creative images. Have fun with it. This is a chance to play with your photography. Let your guard down. Do something you normally wouldn't do (and yes, we realize for many of you, taking a "selfie" would probably qualify as something you wouldn't normally do).
Please note, guests are always welcome at our meetings, but you must be a member of the club to submit an image for the challenge.